I manage a couple of FreeBSD servers for a friend. He's gotten all excited about content management and thinks that's the way to go. The system he's familiar with is Windows only. I've done a little research, but I'm wondering if anyone reading the list has experience with a CMS on FreeBSD - one that's in ports preferably.

Due using Postgres, I've had experience on both Drupal and Serendipity, both installed mostly from ports and seem to be updated pretty regularly - although Serendipity can "self repair" - i.e. load updates for plugins and itself automatically. Both have functioned well enough, although with Drupal if you need more exotic array of plugins, they have to be installed manually as ports seem to miss several.

In addition, some of the Drupal plugins need a bit of tweaking (getting rid of mysqlisms) if used under Postgres, although the main application works good enough.

-Reko