I have a script that configures a mirrored file system and have been using this
successfully in 7.0 without any issues. The commands I use to set up the mirror
are:

gmirror label -v -n -b round-robin gm0 ad4s1
gmirror configure -a gm0

This never gave me any trouble in 7.0, but in 8.0 the configure command issues
the following error:

gmirror: Missing priority argument

My initial assumption was that the gmirror command has a new argument that has
to be included now to set a priority value but the man page doesn't show any
such argument. The gmirror insert command *does* have a "-p" option to set a
priority value for a member being added to the mirror, but this is the same as
in 7.0.

The missing argument error appears to be only a warning of sorts, since it does
create the gmirror device. However, when I insert a second drive, it does not
autosync, and a dump of the mirror reveals why:

# gmirror list
Geom name: gm0
State: DEGRADED
Components: 2
Balance: round-robin
Flags: NOAUTOSYNC
Providers:
1. Name: mirror/gm0
   Mediasize: 18253766656 (17G)
Consumers:
1. Name: ad4s1
   Mediasize: 18253767168 (17G)
   State: ACTIVE
   Flags: SYNCHRONIZING

For some reason the mirror is created in NOAUTOSYNC mode, even though the -a
option is included in the configure command. I have to issue a manual rebuild
to get the new member to start synchronizing. The system logs also have some
interesting messages during a reboot:

Nov 23 13:45:43  kernel: GEOM: ad4s1: geometry does not match label (255h,63s
!= 16h,63s).
Nov 23 13:45:43  kernel: GEOM: ad4s1: media size does not match label.
Nov 23 13:45:44  kernel: GEOM: ad5s1: geometry does not match label (255h,63s
!= 16h,63s).
Nov 23 13:45:44  kernel: GEOM: ad5s1: media size does not match label.

This is again something I have not seen in 7.0.

Does anyone have any comments on this? I am using RC3 so perhaps this is a
known issue.