Am Freitag, den 27.11.2009, 07:37 +0000 schrieb dhaneshk k:

I need to install openoffice in my FreeBSD7.2 laptop (IBMT60 coreduo) , without doing
a port installation how can I do  it with package addition

 pkg_add  -r     what_the_name_of_openoffice_package

  I need to supply in # pkg_add -r   ?

Is there an official FreeBSD package for OOo ? I done 3rd party binary installations for open office from lamrelle.net . but all the time it crashed some of my gnome applications ..such as firefox, evolution etc..

any hints much appreciated..

dhanesh

Not official but I've never had a problem with these, but I don't use gnome either.

ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/