Hello everyone,
I recently upgraded to 8, and purchased a HighPoint RocketRAID 2640 card.
Sadly I had remembered incorrectly that this was supported by either the hptrr
or hptiop driver, and instead it seems to only be supported by a binary driver
from HighPoint.  However, the latest release of the driver is for 7.2, and
although it kldload's correctly, I see in dmesg:

module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (pci/rr26xx, 0xffffffff805a92e0,
0xffffffff81145ca0) error 22
rr26xx: RocketRAID 26xx controller driver v1.0.08.1230 (Jul  9 2009 13:58:26)
rr26xx: no controller detected.

it does not seem to work.
Is there any hope of it being supported by the built-in drivers anytime
soon, or is this an intentional oversight and do I have to wait for HighPoint
to fix their drivers for 8.0?

03:00.0 SCSI storage controller: HighPoint Technologies, Inc. RocketRAID 2640
SAS/SATA Controller (rev 02)

Thank you for any suggestions,