On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Paul Schmehl wrote:

--On December 4, 2009 8:10:08 PM -0600 "Michael L. Squires" <mi...@siralan.org> wrote:

I had to add the following when moving from Xorg 6 to 7 since moused no
longer manages the mouse - hald and dbus do:

In /etc/rc.conf

# X11 7.4
# moused_enable="YES"
moused_enable="NO"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"

which turns on hald and dbus.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have tried it both with and without hald and dbus. Nothing works.

Try manually configuring mouse and keyboard in xorg.conf again, but only with AutoAddDevices Off, no AllowEmptyInput line. The xorg.conf man page says "If AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using the kbd, mouse, or vmmouse driver are ignored."

As to why the hal config doesn't work, I don't know. Clearly it's running, talking to the X server, but also double-entering devices. Are you using a wireless keyboard/mouse?

On Monday I'm going to try the radeon and ati drivers and see if they do any good. I might also install the radeonhd-devel port to see it that helps.

Those only deal with the video card. It sounds like what you have works, so I'd skip that for now.