On 2009-12-21 18:02, Rolf Nielsen wrote:
Leslie Jensen wrote:

On 2009-12-21 17:35, Rolf Nielsen wrote:
Leslie Jensen wrote:

Following the suggestion here:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php?p=45664&postcount=5

To load two kernel modules via a script in /etc/rc.d/

Produces the following:

WARNING: Ignoring old-style startup script /etc/rc.d/

I found the answer here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2896643&group_id=151951&atid=782616

I would like a suggestion on how to load the modules!

Thanks

/Leslie

Can't you load the modules from /boot/loader.conf? AFAIK VirtualBox
places its modules in /boot/modules, which makes them loadable by
load_modulename="YES" in /boot/loader.conf, where modulename should be
replaced by the filename of the module(s), omitting the leading path and
the .ko suffix, e.g. nvidia_load=YES" loads /boot/modules/nvidia.ko.

Correction....................

I read in the same post that the loading order was important, and the
way I understood it was that, if I load via loader.conf I could not be
sure that the order is correct!

If the order is important, one probably depends on the other. Try

Or I guess you could simply load them from /etc/rc.local. Though that
is, AFAIK, no longer a recommended way to do things, it does still work.
I start a few things from there, simply because I couldn't be bothered
with writing an rc.d script.

You where right! One of them loaded the other so problem solved :-)

Thank you!