On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 05:36:19PM +0200, Richard Mace wrote:
> I developed a small molecular dynamics simulation under Linux some time ago.
> Since recently moving to FreeBSD I thought that I'd try to get it running
> here, too.
>
> However, although I am able to get the code to build, it dumps core --
> apparently before getting to any user code! During the build (linking phase)
> get one error which seems to be a pointer to the source of the problem:

> gcc -Wall -L/usr/local/lib -o lennardjones main.o anim-thread.o ode.o
> gasdynamics.o eyedynamics.o -lSDL -lSDL_gfx -lm -lGLU
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libm.so.3, needed by /usr/local/lib/libGL.so.1, may
> conflict with libm.so.5
> Note the last two lines. (I have included the two previous lines to show the
> dependent libraries, if that helps.)

Looks like the libGL supplied by nvidia was built for FreeBSD 5. Try
installing the /usr/ports/misc/compat5x port. That includes libm.so.3, and
might help.

If you are not running the GENERIC kernel, make sure your kernel contains the
right COMPAT_FREEBSD5, COMPAT_FREEBSD6 and COMPAT_FREEBSD7 options.

Roland