I would like to use a freebsd system with binary packages only. I want to heavily use the jail concept. All the documentation about jails implies the use of buildworld into the jails.

In order to avoid any compilation time, I installed a minimal base system for the host and I nullfs mounted read-only every system directory (bin, sbin, etc) into my jails. Then, in order to be able to install additional software inside the jails, I unionfs mounted read-write empty directories ontop of the nullfs read-only system directories.

So I only have to freebsd-update the host and then freebsd-update each jail in order to keep updated.

What about this kind of setup ? do I miss something ?