Hi,

> I'm running fbsd 4.8RC and trying to build postfix 2.0.6 and running
> into a kerberos issue. I want to build postfix with cyrus-sasl2, TLS,
> PCRE, and DB3 support.  No matter what I do, if I enable cyrus-sasl2
> during the postfix build process, I receive the errors below.  I don't use
> kerberos and don't want it to try and link to the des libraries.  I am
> able to build the postfix 1.1.11-20021115 build without any problems.
> It appears that sasl2 and TLS will not work using postfix 1.1.11.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had exactly the same problem. I have two solutions for it:

1. Remove the Kerberos libraries in /usr/lib. It seems that they have used
   to be built by default, but have to be explicitly enabled now in
   /etc/make.conf. (the kerberos libs on my system were half a year old,
   although i built my world yesterday.

     MAKE_KERBEROS4
                   (bool) Set this to build KerberosIV (KTH eBones).

     MAKE_KERBEROS5
                   (bool) Set this to build Kerberos5 (KTH Heimdal).  WARNING!
                   This is still experimental code.  If you need stable Ker-
                   beros5, use the port(s).

2. If you do not want to delete something from your system, you can add this
here to the ports Makefile, which will link the missing des* symbols in:

POSTFIX_AUXLIBS+=       -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -lcrypto
or
POSTFIX_AUXLIBS+=       -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -ldes

As far as I have understood the postfix port checks whether you have the
kerberos libraries, and uses them if they are present (i.e. it assumes that no
outdated versions of these libs are lingering around.

HTH,
 Simon

Btw.: If you want to use sasl 1, you probably will need this patch:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/48731 (perhaps it is
dispensable if you delete the kerberos stuff.