Glen Barber wrote:
Rolf Nielsen wrote:
On 2010-01-13 22:04, Jeronimo Calvo wrote:
did a crontab -r, a a new crontab -e, using:

* * * * * $HOME/.profile ; /bin/bash /var/log/auto_auth.sh
* * * * * $HOME/.profile ; /usr/bin/perl /local/sbin/logwatch.pl

In addition to the other suggestions, I'd imagine an absolute path path to
/local/sbin/logwatch.pl is a problem as well.  Unless /local/sbin exists,
of course.

Regards,

Many thanks for all the responses!!

I copied the data into /etc/crontab using the root syntax as described before and I got sent an email straight away after restarting cron!!

I am not sure why I decided to use a local crontab rather then system-wide one but I think I got confused somewhere along the lines with something??

At least it works :-)

Regards,

Kaya