On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 04:34:17PM -0600, Kevin Kinsey wrote:

> NTFS comes with "NT" versions of Windows, that is, NT, Windows 2000,
> and everything since then.  W95 and W98 used FAT filesystems.  Fat32
> was the default for Win98 IIRC.

I know a lot of MS Windows users like to pretend WinME never existed, but
I like to think those of us in the FreeBSD community take a more honest
look at the world.  Thus, for the sake of clarity:

NTFS comes with "NT" versions of Windows -- that is, WinNT, Win2K, WinXP,
and everything since then.  Win95, Win98, and WinME used FAT filesystems.

I wouldn't want anyone to make some kind of grave error involving the
assumption that WinME used NTFS. . . .