On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Leslie Jensen wrote:

2010-01-27 17:28, dhaneshk k skrev:

I am trying to configure my laptop for wireless connectivity to a broadband connection.

these are the steps I followed, I don't know what I made wrong, please help to fix the issue..

1 ) To  /boot/loader.conf

if_wpi_load = "YES"
wlan_load = "YES"
wlan_amrr_load = "YES"
firmware_load = "YES"
wpifw_load = "YES"
legal.intel_wpi.licence_ack=1
3) then I checked  the out  put  of    ifconfig

it showing  wpi0    but  no carriers  for the device

I am using FreeBSD-7.2 i386 release. Wireless card is Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 . (In Windows XP it works from this Windows I am sending this mail via Wireless access) Any help most welcome.

You need some lines i /etc/rc.conf

wpa_supplicant_enable="YES"      # is for security, try without first
wlans_wpi0="wlan0"               # mine is wlans_iwn0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"

The virtual wlan0 was added for FreeBSD 8. For 7.2, it should still be done the old way (using the actual card, wpi0 in this case).