On Mon, 1 Feb 2010, Jeff Molofee wrote:

I have completely lost the ability to shutdown/reboot/logout... I've found a few pages on this issue, and nothing seems to resolve the issue. I'm in wheel, operator groups, hal, dbus, gnome_enable all set... consolekit showing a token, proc mounted... and still nothing... what else could be wrong?

How are you trying to trigger a shutdown, and in what environment? There are PolicyKit settings you need:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/msg/0d049accfb7fa387?dmode=source

There was that recent policykit/polkit port upgrade, too.