On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:43 PM, tristan <tristan....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> the 8.0-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso.gz  is under some compilation copyright. what
> does this mean, and can i freely edit the iso, rename it, and sell it?
> can i get a copy of the license for the 8.0-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso.gz? i want
> to do what Apple did with FreeBSD - edit, rename, and sell, can i do that
> with the iso?

To be honest considering that you can't understand the extraordinarily
simple BSD license I doubt you'll get anywhere far.

Secondly Apple didn't take FreeBSD and rebrand it, OS X is a far more
complex beast than that.
    Their kernel is a Mach based microkernel and the BSD layer is
merely one of the thread stacks that plug into it.

What are you actually trying to accomplish?
    As I suspect that you are very likely to be asking for assistance
on a non-stop basis.

--
"Opportunity is most often missed by people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work."