Is is considered okay for end users of the ports system to use the
PKGNAMESUFFIX variable? I need to label the python 2.6 port that I've build as
not having threads. Python with threads interferes with the mod_python and
apache in the default configuration. I did the following:

     # cd /usr/ports/lang/python2.6; make
     # env PKGNAMESUFFIX="-nothreads" make install package clean

Everything seemed to work ok but I want to make sure I'm not creating problems
for myself in the future.

-- Chris