On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:30:02 -0500, Doug Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:29:26 +0100 (CET), Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, dick hoogendijk wrote:

master drive, but what do I do to get rid of the old fbsd loader on the
second and get a good windows-xp one?

On older windozes one would boot from floppy and do a

format.exe c: /mbr

I don't know if that will do it. I've always used 'fdisk /mbr'. afaik, you can only put a mbr on drive 0

Changing boot order in the bios will make whatever drive you like "drive 0" (or at any rate the first hard drive), I think. If you boot with the WinXP installer disk and choose to repair manually, you can get a list of repair commands (don't remember how, precisely - type "help," perhaps?), among which are a couple of relevant ones that allow you to put a "WinXP" MBR on the drive.

Jud