Thanks,

I didn't think it is a program limitation, probably because of old terminals limitations.

Le 07/05/2010 12:16, Peter a écrit :
Hi list,

I wish to log the 'ps' command output in a file through a cron job.
If I execute the command on the console, the result lines are truncated
depending on the number of columns of the client console, what is fine.

But when the command is executed by cron and redirected to a file,
there's a maximum of 80 char columns. Where is set this limitation ? How
can I remove it ?

Thanks for your help, and sorry if it is a newbie question but I really
can't figure out what is limiting the output.

--
Bastien Semene

'w' or 'ww' options to ps;

ps auxww ->  Displays the full command, wraps if the console is too short.

Bastien Semene
Administrateur Réseau&  Système

Cyanide Studio - FRANCE