Jamie Griffin wrote:
If you have moused enabled, you can select text with the left
mouse button, and insert text with the middle mouse button.
If you don't have a middle mouse button, press the wheel down.
If you don't have a wheel, press the left and the right mouse
button at the same time.
Thanks for the tip, i didn't know I could do that.
According to the error message, mentioning "/usr/local/lib/xorg/
modules/drivers/intel_drv.so", I would think a modular component
of xorg, maybe the "drivers" component, or a specific kernel
module (for Intel video) needs a separate update.

I did try recompiling the drivers after i read about a similar issue in
a post i found in the archives but that did not fix it.
Jamie.
I just had a similar issue on a new install In my case it was because X could not find my configuration file. In your first post i notice that your x.org.log lists the default configuration. Double check that your xorg.conf file wasn't deleted or renamed accidentally. Mine was xorg.config instead of xorg.conf.

Colin