I have 2 systems running 8.0 installed from the same CD.  One of them shows 2
PASS devices as expected and camcontrol devlist shows the appropriate devices.
They work as expected.

The other does not show any PASS devices and camcontrol devlist shows nothing.
Doing a kldload atapicam installs the PASS devices and then camcontrol works
properly.  Why would that system require atapicam to be manually added?  That
module was not loaded on the working system.  I installed it there first by
accident but it had no detrimental effect.

I don't find any reference to atapi or atapicam in the various rc