Jerry wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:26:18 +0300
Eitan Adler <li...@eitanadler.com> articulated:

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:37 AM, zaxis <z_a...@163.com> wrote:
Why do we need two tools ?

Its three. Add portmanager.

The answer is personal choice and we number of bikesheds.

Also portmaster used to not be able to work with packages when
portupgrade could.

I use portmanager with the '-p' flag for when I absolutely, positively
have to insure that all dependencies are updated correctly. Neither of
the other two utilities seem to get it correct 100% of the time. Plus,
portmanmager is written in 'C' and IMHO is quicker than the other two.

Just my 2ยข.

+1 for including portmanager in any list of port management tools, just doesn't get 'official' sanction for some reason.

Chris