On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 20:38:22 +0000 (GMT), Andy Hiscock <andyjhisc...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> ok so then running testparm i'm getting
>
> leopard# testparm
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.4" not found, required by
> "testparm"
> leopard#

Seems like something failed during the update. Program version and
major OS release don't match.

This is a reason to install the compat- ports. For example, if you
are on 7.2 and update to 8.0, your system will run, but most of
your applications wouldn't. Installing misc/compat7x from ports
(or via "pkg_add -r compat7x" as a package) will provide the
libraries for compatibility to 7 on a 8 system. It's a good
solution if you don't want to recompile / reinstall, but
personally, I consider it a short-time solution. Of course,
there can be settings where this is your only solution, e. g.
if you have a binary that's compiled for 7, and you can not
compile it for 8 (because there is no source code).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany