> Note that any statically linked applications that are not part of the
> base system (i.e. from the Ports Collection or other 3rd-party
> sources) must be recompiled.
>
> Which applications would be statically linked?

This question has been asked on the list every time a SA with that
notice comes out. Seems that there is no easy way to get a list of all
applications that are statically linked.

It is, however, quite easy to find out if a particular binary is linked
statically or dynamically. For example, if you are interested in
Apache:

heerold# file `which httpd`
/usr/local/sbin/httpd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(FreeBSD), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* What Happens if I..... OOOOPPPSSS, sorry!