Thanks Andrey!

A sockstat on the non-working server showed this:

www httpd 694 3 tcp6 *:80 *:*

while the working version shows:

www httpd 694 3 tcp46 *:80 *:*

It appears the non-working server is only aware of tcp6 protocol.
Is this a problem with my ethernet config?  Other services are using tcp4.
Is there something in the apache configs that would cause this?

Thanks again,
-Ian Larsen

----Original Message Follows---- From: Andrey Simonenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Ian Larsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Problem with apache Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:31:50 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 06:35:12 +0000 (UTC) in lucky.freebsd.questions, Ian Larsen wrote:
> I've got two FreeBSD boxes on my home network. They are both assigned local
> IP addresses through DHCP.
>
> I've just installed Apache on both of them tonight, and I can access one
> machine just fine using its local IP address. (192.168....) The other, I
> can telnet to port 80 on it using:
>
> $ telnet localhost 80
> Trying ::1..
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'
>
> But if I try using its IP address, even the loopback, the connection is
> refused:
>
> $ telnet 127.0.0.1 80
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
> telnet: unable to connect to remote host

Following checks should help:

1.      Check on which interfaces your Apache server works: "sockstat -l".
2.      Check NICs IP addresses: "ifconfig -a"
3.      Check routing table: "netstat -rn"
4.      Check IPFW "ipfw l" (and/or IPF "ipfstat -io") tables.