29.07.2010 17:31, Unga wrote:
I'm using FreeBSD 8.1 on i386 machine.

I have upgraded a package using portmanager, but the
upgrade seems not successful.

The required package is upgraded but all packages
depend on the upgraded package were not recompiled.

I have two questions regarding this:
1. How to list all packages that are broken now?

2. How to mass recompile all broken packages?

You will need to install libchk from ports. After that:

libchk | grep '^Unresolvable' | sed 's|.* in: ||' | xargs
-n1 pkg_info
-W | sed 's|.*by package ||' | sort -u | grep -v '^[?]$'
rebuild

You'll get 'rebuild' file listing all packages with broken
binaries. You
can use portmaster or portupgrade on it.

Hi

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have 63 packages effected.

How do I sort the "rebuild" file in the dependency order because the first line itself
the compilation fails. I used "portupgrade -f pkg".

You don't need that. portupgrade can handle it. Just give it the whole list:

portupgrade -f `cat rebuild`

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.