On Aug 12, 2010, at 12:31 PM, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:

On 12-8-2010 20:04, David Brodbeck wrote:

On Aug 12, 2010, at 6:10 AM, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:

I want to transfer a lot of ZFS data from an old OpenSolaris ZFS mirror (v22) to a new FreeBSD-8.1 ZFs mirror (v14).
I'm NOT a ZFS expert, but I think it should be OK as long as you don't upgrade the v14 pool. OpenSolaris won't upgrade pool versions automatically, so this shouldn' t be a problem.

I'm assuming this is a normal file copy, here; if you're trying to use 'zfs send' and 'zfs receive' I think you'll run into difficulty.
Yes, it will be normal file copying. It's eassuring that osol won't ugrade the pool ;-)

Right. You have to explicitly run "zpool upgrade" to upgrade pool versions. So, don't do that. ;)