On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, William Bulley wrote:

According to Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> on Wed, 08/25/10 at 09:49:

If you are running hald, why not use it?  And the DontZap default is
back to where it used to be (off), so you could remove or comment that
entire ServerFlags section.

Not sure what you mean by using hald.  Assuming I knew how to use hald,
how would that solve my problem of the disappearing mouse pointer and
consequent loss of functionality of my window manager?

You are telling xorg-server to not use hald with the AutoAddDevices line:

  Section "ServerFlags"
       Option  "AutoAddDevices" "off"
       Option  "DontZap" "false"
  EndSection

And the other option is already a default. So removing or commenting that section would let xorg-server use hald.

I don't know if this will affect your window manager. Probably not, but worth testing.