On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 07:46:53 -0400, Robert Huff <roberth...@rcn.com> wrote:

David Southwell writes:

[snip]
 3. ADVICE PLEASE
 Most reliable browser combination and recomendations of specific
 port combinations which can deliver reliable browsing including
 flash capability.

        What "works" for me - doesn't crash, but sometimes can't handle
the content - is:

        firefox-3.6.8 (or)
        seamonkey-2.0.6
        nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_7
        linux-f10-flashplugin-10.1r82

        installed per the Handbook.  A minor annoyance is the wrapper
doesn't exit cleanly and tends to leave hung jobs; not noticeable
resource sink, until you have 20+ of them ....

                                Robert Huff

Here is a possible fix available to the hung jobs problem:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php?p=91872&postcount=5
(Not my work, I'm just pointing to it.)

Although instead of a cron job I actually just use a launcher on a desktop panel that does killall -9 npviewer.bin (and IIRC rm npviewer.bin.core* or something like that, sorry it isn't in front of me right now.) This works for me because I only really need it after the wife has been playing games on Facebook using Firefox. I use Opera with www/opera-linuxplugins and don't have any problems.