At 12:04 PM -0500 3/24/03, Steve Bertrand wrote:
The current state of my app is ready for production, so I would
like to take a snapshot of it as is, then implement it. I would
like to leave this snapshot alone, and further develop in other
aspects of the program now. Am I correct with this method?:

- commit my current source and branch as RELEASE
- download RELEASE onto production server and put into use

- further work will continue normally, and the RELEASE branch
  will not be affected

- when I am ready for the new features, I can re-branch to a
  new RELEASE, redownload onto production and repeat

You generally want to use a special name for the release branch, such as RELEASE_1. When you later want to make a new release, you name that branch RELEASE_2. You may still want to work off the RELEASE_1 branch even though RELEASE_2 has been made.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]