Hi,

I'm having trouble with a machine that was recently rebooted and will no longer
boot correctly.

The boot process hangs with the following screen:
-

The cursor does not move and no other text is displayed. After about 10 minutes,
the boot finishes (without the splash screen) and displays the login prompt. I
tried to login but it timed out after 300 seconds.

The server was using a custom built kernel. I tried to get the GENERIC kernel
from the livefs ISO and restore it via FIXIT console, but I realized that I
actually don't know how to do that...

So how do I go about fixing this? Thanks in advance.
--
Hac Phan
Unix System Administrator