Hello Illoai

Am 27.10.2010 18:14, schrieb ill...@gmail.com:
On 20 October 2010 03:50, Martin Schweizer<lists_free...@bluewin.ch>  wrote:
Hello

If I start the server in single user mode I get never a prompt/shell (at the
console). After successfully boot in single user mode I see a the last line:
"Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/mfid0s1a". The only thing I can do is
CTRL-ALT-DEL, then the system reboots as usual (with no broken file system).
All works well in multi user mode. I have no other problems with this server.

On at least one of my machines the USB devices do not
finish probing until after the "Enter the name of your shell
or press enter for /bin/sh" prompt, and thus it scrolls off
of the screen.  Pressing enter does give me a /bin/sh in
single-user mode, however.

Yeah, I now what you mean but in the mean team I found the solution. The problem was the console redirection. Why ever...

Regards,

--
Martin Schweizer

PC-Service M. Schweizer GmbH; Bannholzstrasse 6; Postfach 132;
CH-8608 Bubikon; Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22