On 6-11-2010 11:02, Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 06/11/2010 09:35, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
My system disk is dying. No problem here. I know how to move a FreeBSD
system to new hardware. I have a question though about my GEOM mirror.
The system now had one geom mirror consisting of two 1Tb drives. How can
I move that mirror over to the Fbsd system on the new hardware. I guess
I don't know the right steps to take on a new fbsd system for an
existing geom mirror. Any help is welcome.
Do you mean physically moving over the disk hardware behind the gmirror
from one machine to another?
Thanks for the answer so far. No, I don't intend to buy a new system. I'll just replace the old system drive with a new one in the same system. If I understand you corrrectly it will be enough to have geom_load set on this new fbsd install to have FreeBSD load (and create) the existing geom mirror I now already have?