On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:45:07 -0500
Chris Brennan <xa...@xaerolimit.net> articulated:

> LibreOffice (Libre is Latin for free) is a functional
> name as is (personally I don't like the name, but I hated
> StarOffice's name too!) and has potential. But DF faces an uphill
> battle in re-educating the world that LibreOffice is OpenOffice under
> a new name.

I tend to disagree with your assessment there. OO has never really
progressed passed being a poor copy of MS Office 97. Tieing the new
nomenclature to the old product might prove counter productive. I know
several users who would avoid it just on that basis alone. A new name
with the appropriate PR might prove to be a boon for the product. I do
agree that the new name is lacking though. Obviously, no real thought
went into choosing a new product name. Unfortunate indeed.

--
Jerry ✌
freebsd.u...@seibercom.net