Hello

I just realized that my HP laptop lost the half battery capacity. Take a look :

mark...@melon ~ $ acpiconf -i 0
Design capacity:        4400 mAh
Last full capacity:     2132 mAh
Technology:             secondary (rechargeable)
Design voltage:         14400 mV
Capacity (warn):        200 mAh
Capacity (low):         100 mAh
Low/warn granularity:   100 mAh
Warn/full granularity:  100 mAh
Model number:           Primary
Serial number:          02109 2009/08/11
Type:                   LIon
OEM info:               Hewlett-Packard
State:                  charging
Remaining capacity:     0%
Remaining time:         unknown
Present rate:           3061 mA
Voltage:                15751 mV

Design capacity:        4400 mAh
Last full capacity:     2132 mAh

I'm guessing if this should be, the laptop has only about 8 months and
I don't use it much on battery, only around one day per week and not
until the battery is empty. If I remember correctly my old laptop
didn't lost so much of capacity in a few months like that.

My question is : how long a battery should live ? is anything could
bring down the battery sooner ?

I hope the next battery wont be too much expensive and will live more..

Cheers,

--
Demelier David