Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 11:29:09AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > While installation and update via web browser makes sense as an option, it
> > must not be the only option.  What if the user starts with a blank hard
> > drive, nothing installed?  Then one needs to be able to install from CD,
> > DVD or USB drive.

FreeBSD has no instal...@freebsd.org list.  Should it ?  Only a few
people tend to work on & know the constraints of the installer,
many people over years have have made suggestions & comments, would
it be more efficient if FAQs were auto archived & easily found in
an instal...@freebsd.org archive ?

My comments/ wish list
    - One text mode (non bitmap graphical) browser:     /usr/ports/www/lynx
    - Still too complex for blind/ partially sighted people with special I/O
      phsical devs, I guess.
    - There are small clones of standard vi, with executables
      no larger than ee, could replace ee.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
        Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, or HTML or base 64.