Andre Goree wrote:
> I was looking at encrypting my data on a headless server I have, and found a
> good tutorial using ZFS+geli.  Easy enough to setup, but one thing I just
> realized is that I wouldn't be able to enter the passphrase on the server
> since I keep it headless.
>
> I wonder if there is some type of encryption I can use that does not require
> entering a passphrase.  For example, perhaps I can set it up in a way that
> it'll automatically read from certain files on a thumb drive?

I encrypt my data with gbde, it fetches the passphrase from another
host if running.

(Mine has a head, but doesnt use it.
I don't use ZFS, but I don't see that's necessarily related)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
        Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, or HTML or base 64.