On 12/30/10 15:52, per...@pluto.rain.com wrote:
Charlie Kester<corky1...@comcast.net>  wrote:

Most of the time, possessives are formed with apostrophe+s.  I'm
not sure, but "its" might be the only exception to the rule ...
"It's" seems to be the most common misusage, but I have seen "her's",
"our's", and occasionally "their's".  Interestingly, I've never seen
anyone write "hi's" when meaning "his".

On the other hand, people who write "loose" when they mean "lose"
deserve our most scathing scorn.  :)
Perhaps they have merely lost their linguistic bearings.

Innaddverttentt ddoubblle llettterss ccann occcassionnallly bbee
ccaussedd bby ffllakkeey kkeeybbooarddss :))
I find most teenagers (and getting older too) can't tell the difference- and its not their keyboards.

Oddly enough, their teachers do it on a regular basis as well: in their handwriting!