On 12/31/2010 21:07, Michael D. Norwick wrote:
Happy New Year!

I bought a new HP 2010i LCD monitor that is supposed to give me 1600x900 resolution at 60 Hz to replace a generic 19" C.R.T. monitor that did 1024x768. The machine has an ATI Radeon video card and I am using a V.G.A. cable not H.D.M.I. I reconfigured my /etc/xorg.conf using Xorg --configure. I was given the full screen at 1600x900 resolution at the next reboot but then while trying to adjust some monitor settings such as Power Saver and Sleep Timer the screen adjusted to the right and will not center. Adjusting the horizontal control to '0' (full left?) will not center the display.

<snip>

Sorry,  I meant to say D.V.I. (cable) not H.D.M.I.

Thanks,

Michael