If there was not a clean shutdown, I would start looking for faulty
hardware, assuming the power was not interrupted.  Any machine that
spontaniously reboots on its' own usually has a bad power supply, but it
could be very well be the motherboard, or even something else.  Further,
as many other people have said, just because the hardware is new does not
necessarily mean it is problem-free.

Look especially for the condensators on the motherboard. There is a wide-spread problem with a Taiwanese company having produced bad electrolyte. The resulting condensators are found in motherboards of nearly all manufacturers and (as I can say out of my own experience) give exactly the behaviour, you described.

Ciao
Siegbert