Thanks, Chuck! I Googled for an answer for a while and didn't find much. I did find that the particular driver I was interested did have a version number in the source, but the question actually came from a user who doesn't have source trees on their hosts.

On Jan 7, 2011 1:45pm, Chuck Swiger <cswi...@mac.com> wrote:
On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:33 AM, vrwmil...@gmail.com wrote:

> Is there a command line utility, a la ethtool or the like, that can be used to query the NIC driver version?

"uname -a" is probably the most general answer, as most FreeBSD NIC drivers don't have individualized version #s, aside from the OS version itself.

The sysctl tree under dev for a particular device, ie, "sysctl dev.bce", "sysctl dev.em", etc will return more information which might include a vendor-specific driver version #...

Regards,

--

-Chuck