Quoth Chuck Swiger on Thursday, 13 January 2011:
> On Jan 13, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Chip Camden wrote:
> > On my system, /etc/termcap has the date well after my installation
> > (Jun 28 2010) and /etc/rmt dates to well before (Nov 21 2009).  I first
> > installed FreeBSD on this system on Apr 1 2010.
>
> Certainly the target of the link would change; my /etc/termcap points to:
>
> -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  206901 Dec 14 21:03 /usr/share/misc/termcap
>
> This particular box I'm looking at had been updated from FreeBSD-4.x through
> 7-STABLE, so a 2001 timestamp for the original installs seems about right.
>
> I wonder, are you folks using something other than UFS for /
> filesystem...perhaps ZFS or whatever handles the dates on symlinks
> differently?
>
> Regards,
> --
> -Chuck

I'm all UFS.  My first installation was 8.0-RELEASE.  At that time, I
don't think termcap was even a symlink, but I could be mistaken.

I'm looking at the date on the symlink itself, not its target.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com       | http://chipstips.com