am in the process of moving all of my NAS from open solaris to FreeBSD (I
hope?) and have run into a few speed bumps along the way. Maybe I am doing
something way way wrong but I cannot seem to find any info at all on some of my
issues. I hope this is the right list to ask - if not please steer me in the
right direction.

I am not new to BSD's but then again I am not intimately familiar with a lot of
the inner workings and things have change a bunch since my kernel hacking days
of NET2 on a vax so this is probably just a parameter somewhere but I cannot
seem to find it. Here goes...

Question 1?

I am trying to get FreeBSD running ZFS to work as both a server and a consumer
of iSCSI targets and can't seem to attach to more than 8 devices. In fact it
seems to break after a TOTAL of 8 SCSI devices on the client (initiator end)
after attaching 8 SCSI devices da0 through da7 target discovery even stops
working with this message when running ANY iscontrol commend on the initiator.

ISCSISETSES: Device not configured

I believe this is on the initiator end and has to do with the total number of
attached scsi devices but am not completely sure - I am using the built in
iscsi initiator and kernel module NOT open iscsi and istgt on the server. Any
ideas? Is this on the server end somehow? Ps. There is absolutely no messages
in any log server or client after the 8 device and iSCSI stops working the
above message comes from the iscontrol command with the -v option.

Question 2?
In order to make device names persistent I am using glabel on raw
non-partitioned devices to simulate solaris persistent device names. I also
understand that I can use GPT disks and that glabel somehow integrates with the
GUID? Is this the case or is using GPT a completely independent alternative to
using glabel? In any case what is the best/most common practice to achieving
the end result (reliably and dependably) in the FreeBSD world?

Thanks a lot

RB