On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Jorge Biquez <jbiq...@intranet.com.mx> wrote:
> I am evaluating to buy a new laptop for using it only with Freebsd. I know
> in the website mention some options. Thing is that here the most powerful
> ones (I3, I5 I7) are sold ONLY with Windows installed and that increase the
> value of the equipment. I want the best option at a nice price (could be
> Intel or AMD) the ide is to have it as my main machine and when I need Linux
> or Windows have them there running under VirtualBox. The use will be mainly
> for web development.

Just to play devil's advocate:

If you plan to run Windows under VirtualBox, you probably *do* want to
order the laptop with Windows pre-installed.  The reason is to legally
run Windows in VirtualBox, you will need a Windows license, and it's
far cheaper to get one bundled with the machine than to buy it later.