On 03/16/11 19:10, Al Plant wrote:
O. Hartmann wrote:
I'm desperately looking for howto creating my own FreeBSD
9.0-CURRENT/amd64 custom installation DVD. Google delivers a lot of
outdated stuff and I wasn't able to find some hints in the handbook,
so maybe one here can help.

I've already all sources via 'svn' (no CVS) on the local box. The
intention is to be able to use new bsdinstall instead of sysinstall
for having GPT partitions.

Please set me CC if responding.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

Aloha Oliver,

On the list is Manolis Kiagias. He makes install disks possible.

I also copied him on this reply. He helped me with making an install
disk for my projects and he can most likely point you to his how to
methods.

Hello out there.
Thank you very much.
The last time I tried making a install media from a local installation is quite a lot of years since. I found " man release(7)" very helpful, but at the end it turns out that I didn't understood what is happening.

I tried to fullfill all prerequisites needed to make a release, i.e.

1) having a populated /usr/src (SVN managed), I recently made a 'make buildworld', I created a suitable release-folder to chroot to for the release and I issued MAKE_DVD=yes and MAKE_ISOS=yes to ensure the build of ISO images for a DVD. I'll show the command issued at the end.

But the build-process seems to drop everything it builds into /usr/src/release (from where the commande 'make release' has to be issued as docuemnted in 'release (7)'.

Here's the command:

Folders /home/release and /usr/src exists, 'make buildworld' has been issued and successfully finished. The following commands are issued regarding the release (7) manpage:

cd /usr/src/release
make release SVNROOT=/usr/src NODOC=yes MAKE_DVD=yes MAKE_ISOS=yes\ CHROOTDIR=/home/release BUILDNAME=SOMETHING_NEW

I do not ommit TARGET_ARCH and TARGET since I do not crossbuild (I'm on amd64). The outcome is that the make-release process seems to flood /usr/src/release as it never 'chroot' to the given CHROOTDIR. I'm not familiar with this and I exepct this to be a kind of mistake. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Oliver