I would like to have something like virtual terminals that continue running no matter if ssh is connected to them or not. Something like the screen utility. But I don't want to use screen, I'm looking for something more automated. Maybe even be able to have multiple connections on different computers.

I have a number of computers and I like to use each for batch processing different stuff, especially compiling. I'm mostly interested in connecting to running sessions from a mobile android phone. I don't want to keep having to manually login every time through screen and it should be tolerant of a dropped connection.

I'm thinking there is probably a way to do this with just ssh. Maybe have separate sshd daemons running on specific ports. Any ideas?

Chris