Good Day;

I am in the final steps of completing a fresh installation of FreeBSD 8.2 on a workstation with a DFI LanParty motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 processor, 3 GB of ram, an ATI Radeon x2900 graphics card, and root on ZFS filesystem. Using ports.tar.gz downloaded, and src CVSup'd this morning, gnome2 is still compiling and installing. While I did have some minor issues with the build of some dependencies, it was nothing I could not work through. I was surprised this afternoon when, while the installation of gnome2 was working, I think it was building GCC 4.4 and friends, the HP 2010i LCD monitor I use on the machine appeared to lose the input to its DVI port. The HD activity light was still flickering so I let it continue and waited a hour or so for it to quit indicating activity before I pressed the reset button. The PC restarted and no filesystem errors were apparent on restart. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this or, if a PR is necessary against the Xorg radeon driver.
The ATI Catalyst utility needs windows or linux and I have neither.
There is nothing of value in dmesg or Xorg.0.log

$ uname -a
FreeBSD rainey 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0 r219081M: Wed Mar 2 08:29:52 CET 2011 root@www4:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

Thank You,
Michael

PS; Many thanks to the maintainer of the mfsBSD zfsinstall .iso. It worked flawlessly for setting up this system.