On 2011-04-21 8:52 PM, Polytropon wrote:
This has been possible and common in the past. For example,
the many options for the mplayer and mencoder ports could
be specified in a file, so changing of a port's file was
not needed. I'm not fully sure this option is still present,
but at least on v7 it worked.

Create a file Makefile.local in the port's directory and
specify all your options as desired. This file will be
sourced when you issue a "make" command and will override
settings of the regular Makefile (e. g. if you want
different CFLAGS for _this_ port). The file is to be in
the known syntax, NAME=value.

Does that solution allow for locating Makefile.local outside the ports tree so as not to contaminate builds for other targets using the same ports tree?