On May 24, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> finally one of our developer has written
> a php function that transcode all accentuated
> characters to the corresponding non accentuated
> thanks to her !!!
>
> but the problem is NOT solved just workarrounded

Sure.  FreeBSD's default filesystem supports UTF8, but not arbitrary
composition of Unicode characters.  If you want this to work better, you need
to make sure that you use normalized UTF8 filenames and UTF8 URLs from Apache.

It's likely that a discussion of Unicode normalization would be helpful:

  http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/index.html

IBM's ICU (at http://site.icu-project.org/), or Apple's discussion of HFS
normalization ("Unicode Normal Forms D", at
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#qa/qa2001/qa1235.html) would also be
informative.

Regards,
--