Using Anjuta as my potentially IDE, I realize a weird behaviour since my last try years ago. Anjuta was supposed to show a dialog about when creating a new project. Documentation explicitely mention this. But in my case (a newly installed anjuta), selecting a C-project, GTK+, then ends up in the final requester "Summary". Confirmation does not even show any created files or something else. This happens with all potentially to be created projects. Importing a hand-installed GNU autotools backed up project works fine, superficially spoken. The boxes running Anjuta are all AMD64 and running most recent FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT/amd64.

Version of ports anjuta is reported to be 2.32, but webpage of the anjuta project reports 2.28. Am I missing something?

And, for those actively developing, is there a good alternative to Anjuta (no KDevelop, since I do not like KDE and do not have KDE). Thanks,
Oliver