>> If you do decide to take this route, it's not that hard to recompile a
>> kernel.
>>
>> # csup -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org -L2 /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
>>
>> Copy your kernconf, say COFFIN, to /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/ if you are
>> on 32bit or to /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/ if on amd64.
>> The file could be just the following (just the GENERIC kernel,
>> slightly modified):
>> --- cut ---
>> include         GENERIC
>>
>> ident           COFFIN
>>
>> # Remove legacy support
>> nocpu           I486_CPU
>> nocpu           I586_CPU
>>
>> # HPLIP can't work whithout this
>> nodevice        ulpt
>> --- cut ---
>>
>> # cd /usr/src
>> # make buildkernel KERNCONF=COFFIN
>> # make installkernel KERNCONF=COFFIN
>> # reboot
>>
>> That's it.
>>

> Although I should add that you probably will need to also rebuild the
> world if you update your sources with csup. Well, don't run csup, use
> the sources you already have in /usr/src.

I guess I got overly excited and when I try to print from firefox,
nothing happens :(

I tried to print from command line and I get:

[olivares@quadcore ~/Documents]$ lpr -P ijs/DESKJET_812 freebsd-printing1.txt
[olivares@quadcore ~/Documents]$ mail
Mail version 8.1 6/6/93.  Type ? for help.
"/var/mail/olivares": 1 message 1 new
>N  1 dae...@quadcore.home  Wed Jul 27 19:20  25/884   "apsfilter: can't find"
&
Message 1: