Op 1-8-2011 17:06, andrew clarke schreef:
On Mon 2011-08-01 16:30:50 UTC+0200, Dick Hoogendijk (d...@nagual.nl) wrote:

OK, my freebsd system runs on ZFS boot. W/ solaris getting larger disks
for a pool was quit easy. Simply replace one disk from a mirror for a
larger one, wait for the resilvering and after this replace the second
one for a larger disk and wait for the resilvering again. That's it.
Been there, done that. But my feeling tells me it is not that simple for
a FreeBSD zfs root system, or is it?
By the way, a similar question appeared on the freebsd-fs list recently:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2011-June/011887.html

Although the question was asked with regards to ZFS v28, which may be
newer than what you are using.
Thanks for the pointer. It's not hopeful plus the fact that I want to expand a rootpool from which I want to boot the system.